What is Tooth Extraction?
It is the process of separating teeth that cannot be saved for various reasons from the tooth root. Dentists do not want to do this as much as possible. Tooth extraction is an irreversible procedure. For this reason, the teeth are tried to be saved as much as possible.
Reasons Requiring Tooth Extraction
- Due to the advanced level of decays in the teeth, tooth extraction becomes necessary.
- The tooth should be extracted and the damage repaired due to reasons such as tumor, cyst, etc.
- It is pulled out due to the breaking of the tooth and damage to the tooth bone due to falling and knocking.
- Extraction due to the uncomfortable level of the embedded teeth.
- The milk teeth that behind the times are removed because they do not fall.
- Teeth called wisdom teeth can be extracted.
- In cases of problems caused by the jawbone, the upper tooth should be removed.
Tooth Breakage during Tooth Extraction
Although tooth fracture may seem like a fear for the patient, it is actually not a serious thing.
There are several reasons for tooth breakage:
The roots of the posterior teeth are thick and wide. For this reason, it can be difficult to grasp and take in one time. In this case, the tooth is broken and removed in a few times.
Extraction becomes difficult in the old people as there is no chin flexibility. Thus, tooth breakage occurs.
There may be fragility during extraction due to the weakness of the tooth structure.
Local anesthesia is applied during tooth extraction. Broken teeth are taken in pieces by the dentist and cleaned. For this reason, it is not important to break the tooth.
What Should Be Considered After Tooth Extraction?
There are things that are not suitable to do after tooth extraction. Some of those:
- The wounded area should not be used for a day
- Alcohol should not be consumed for at least two days
- The tampon placed on it after extraction should be kept for 1 hour.
- Food should not be eaten with the empty area
- Teeth should be cleaned with a soft brush for a few days
- Hot and cold drinks and food should not be consumed
- Food residue should not be kept in space
- No smoking for 24 hours. Otherwise, it will cause pain.
- Eating or drinking is prohibited until the anesthesia wears off.
- Involuntarily tongue can always go into emptiness. However, this should be avoided as much as possible.
- There may be slight bleeding after shooting. However, if this period prolongs, dentist should be consulted.
Watch out for dry bone osteitis!
If you do not have healthy teeth and gums, it is possible to occure in the extracted tooth place. There may be no blood clot in the pit formed after the extraction or the blood clot may be spoiled.
In this case, the bone remains uncovered. Inflammation also occurs when air and food residue accumulate here. Bone inflammation is a very painful complication. In such cases, the dentist cleans the inflamed area and ensures that the patient is relieved and not suffering.
Tooth Extraction Prices
There are different methods, stages and processes of tooth extraction. Some tooth extractions require surgical intervention. This means extra cost. In addition, the reason for the extraction of the tooth, what kind of problems there are, and whether another procedure is applied determines the price. The price is determined depending on the clinic, dentist and operation performed. Simple tooth extractions are the most affordable.